The Warriors series (commonly called Musou in Japan) is a franchise of hack and slash games developed by Omega Force and published by Tecmo Koei for the most part. The main entries are based on historical wars.
The original series in which the franchise started from. Originally, based as an action spinoff of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms spinoff, the series was continued when action games were getting popular in the sixth gen. Unfortunately, almost none of the entries came to Nintendo systems.
- Dynasty Warriors Advance (GBA, 2005)
- Dynasty Warriors DS: Fighter's Battle (DS, 2007)
- Dynasty Warriors VS (3DS, 2012)
This series (called Sengoku Musou in Japan) is the other main series of the Warriors franchise, based on the Warring States period of Japanese history. Unlike Dynasty Warriors, main entries came to Nintendo systems and there is a handheld sub series that was exclusive to the 3DS
- Samurai Warriors: Katana
- Samurai Warriors 3
- Sengoku Musou 3: Moushouden (expanded version of Samurai Warriors 3)
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3
In addition to these two series, there are many spinoffs based on other licensed material. The series also combine in the Warriors Orochi series.